Sanger de Cristo HOG is about the experience of riding a Harley-Davidson motorcycle and our Activities Calendar is designed to give our members the best opportunities to share that experience with others. Each of our rides are planned and lead by an experienced Road Captain that is always interested in new ride ideas and opportunities to share our sport with others. Anyone that has suggestions regarding our rides, please contact our Activities Officer.
4th Quarter of 2016 Rides and Events
See the Calendar for Further Details on The Events and/or Rides
- October 9 – McCall’s Pumpkin Patch Farm (Moriarity, NM) – Meet at SFHD 10 KSU @ 10:30. Click on the link for more info on the farm and all its activities. Those who would like to join in on the pumpkin decorating (carve, shoot, paint, etc) contest this would be a great place to purchase your pumpkins (a cage will be on this ride to carry your pumpkins back to Santa Fe).
- Pumpkin Carving Contest Due October 21st– This will be fun!!! Sangre de Cristo members will be competing against SFH-D Employees. There will be individual prizes but votes (from customers) will be tallied for a desert buffet which will be created by the losing team (either by baking or purchasing a desert). Please email me if you would like to participate and remember your pumpkins need to be at the store by Oct 21st giving customers time to vote. (votes will be tallied on Oct 26th) Desert Buffet will be on Oct 29th. I really hope you guys will join. It will be a great way to hang out and have fun with the SFH-D employees.
- Oct 15 Ride for the Ta-Ta’s to Madrid – Meet @ SFHD KSU @ 11 – This is another event/ride Sangre de Cristo is partnering with SFH-D. Mine Shaft Lunch, Burger and Fries $15 with $5 going back to Making Strides
- Oct 15 McCalls Hunted Farm – Meet @ Moriarity 6:30 Evening Event (bike or cage event) – Thought it would be fun to hang out at McCall’s haunted farm for an evening of haunted barn and corn fields and a fire pit with s’mores. Everyone is responsible for purchasing their own tickets on whatever level of participation they would like. If you want to participate in the fire pit and s’mores its $6 to help with the cost. The more people we have the less it will be. We’ll adjust accordingly. Click on the link below for more info on the haunted farm and all its activities (yes we will be going twice to Moriarity but I promise McCall’s is a happening and fun place to be in October) email me if you like to go to this event if you would like to car pool let me know this too.
- October 22nd Second Annual Pain in the Butt Poker Ride – Registration @ 9 KSU @ 10:30 Stops to be announced (Going South South/East) . As some of you know this Poker Run began last year due to my battle against anal cancer. I am glad to say I am in complete remission and plan to stay that way. During this time one of the last things I wanted to worry about is finances. Whether that be doctor bills, household bills, insurances, or normal day costs I just did not want or to be honest cared to hear about them. The Pain in The Butt Poker Ride funds helped my family so much, I thought it only be right to keep bringing it back and helping other families who are struggling with the battle of cancer and the finances. **Mary Jane has been diagnosed with Stage 4 colon cancer with liver mets. She has been on intensive chemo treatment. As these treatments have taken its toll on her and her health. Her working days are shorter and of course finances are adding up. So I hope to see all my friends and new friends at this run so we may help her and her family. $20 gets you on the poker run, a raffle ticket for a HD prize, and lunch when we return from the run, a prize for best and worst hand. Additional raffle tickets will be sold for other great prizes. ** This is not a Sangre de Cristo/HOG Ride/Event – This opened to all motorcycles, cages, anyone and everyone
- November 5th Over Night “Sunrise, Happiness and Eternal Youth” – Bosque del Apache National Wildlife Refuge (bike or cage event) – We will join the sun rise and all the beautiful wildlife waking up on Sunday morning for a spectacular site of beauty at its best. We will be able to enjoy the beautiful wildlife that makes the Bosque del Apache home or a stop as they travel to their place of “better” weather for the winter. There will be a photo contest between those who join us. Two levels, professional and cell phone. It will be beautiful!! (Staying at Best Western Socorro Hotel & Suites – Harley Price – One King Bed 85.04 + Tax or Two Queen Bed 85.04 +tax (Includes continental breakfast) Make reservation fast as November is busy due to the Crane visits in the Bosque del Apache. Also email me if you will be going so I have head count for dinner, etc. More info on this to come just wanted to give you heads up on getting reservations.
- November 15th @ SFHD (Time to be determined) – Thanksgiving Pot Luck – Why not have our very own Sangre de Cristo and Santa Fe Harley Davidson Family Thanksgiving. Sangre and SFH-D will be providing the cooked turkeys we will be asking you all to bring a side dish, desert or any other special plate you may share with your family every Thanksgiving year. More on this to come soon
- December 17th Wreath Across America Santa Fe National Cemetery – KSU @ 7:15 Meet @ SFH-D – Brunch After